Benefits of Condition Monitoring
Summary of Benefits from Condition Monitoring
Reduced plant engineer workload by:
• Once control over the machinery is gained, plant engineers work scheduling can be done more accurately as the intrusion of breakdown maintenance will have been eliminated.
Improved reliability due to
• Improved data collection quality as engineers only collect relevant data and have a method of ensuring data collector operation. Having better data in the system enables more accurate analysis ensuring improved machine reliability.
• NW Total Engineered Solution’s Field Service Engineers collecting and analysing plant data ensures maximum reliability of data analysis. This leads to greatly increased confidence in the CM system enabling the plant to modify their Planned Maintenance regime to perform less work at greater intervals without any increased risk of machine breakdown. Performing less (intrusive) planned maintenance reduces the number of failures that occur simply because the machine has been overhauled.
Reduced maintenance costs due to:
• A reduction in spare parts usage, due to the machinery not being opened for routine inspection and planned maintenance.
• Reduced workload during maintenance activities as only those items deemed as being in a deteriorated state need to be overhauled.
Reduced operating costs due to:
• More accurate pre-shutdown planning thus ensuring that the minimum additional unplanned jobs are added during the shutdown.
• Ensuring work performed during shutdown has not introduced any new problems by performing post-shutdown data analysis.
• NW Total Engineered Solution’s’s Field Service Engineers would also be available for new plant trials and guarantee period data analysis enabling your plant to ensure maximum build quality and so reduce the possibility of operating plant with long-term reliability problems built in at the time of manufacture.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 08 May 2012 13:32